Monday, August 16, 2010

Samantha Thavasa

Top picks from Tinsley Mortimer's collection for Samantha Thavasa.








This brown hobo tote bag caught my eye with its gold chain trimmings and pleated sides. Comes in black, brown and purple. Retail Price: $415 approx.




Part of the Tinsley Mortimer collection, this tote is purrfect for spring! It's nothing short of looking stylish with the beautiful embellishing with zippers and studs. Retail price: $395 approx

Paris Hilton carrying a Samantha Thavasa bag


J Lo for Samantha Thavasa


Got to know about this brand after one of my job interviews with a fashion company.

Samantha Thavasa is a Japanese brand that is currently not retailing in Singapore yet. However, from what I gather, its pretty big in Japan and has a line up of Fashion A-List celebrities to boost its image.

"The brand’s star-studded roster includes the Hilton sisters, Beyonce Knowles, Victoria Beckham, Maria Sharapovaess, Penelope Cruz and her sister Monica Cruz, and more recently, socialite Tinsley Mortimer."
(via handbags blog)

The brand's expansion in the US relied heavily on its public relations strategy which involved New York's socialite, Tinsley Mortimer ("one of the most closely watched style- makers on the East Coast") as she designs her own collection for the Samantha Thavasa brand.

Tinsley is often seen and photographed on fashion magazines, blogs and other celebrity gossip pages which gives the brand much coverage in the New York fashion scene.


Thats Tinsley Mortimer with her fall 2010 collection for Samantha Thavasa

Tinsley was also seen on the gossip girl set sporting a chic little bag from the line she designs for Samantha Thavasa.

Well I'm not exactly a big fan of all the designs but these are a few that I'll probably carry!

2 comments:

♥ Lady Wen ♥ said...

I like! Thanks for introducing Samantha Thavasa to me! Is she like half American and half Thai!? Thavasa sounds Thai! Hehe!

moda lover said...

I like! Thanks for introducing Samantha Thavasa to me!
Differnt people have different choices, I like these handbags very much, at the same time, another handbag Louis Vuitton Mahina Lunar PM in my oppion is also classic!